Friday, February 12, 2010

Circus and Snowboarding

Well, snowboarding was a LOT of fun. Ernie convinced me to buy my own board and gear, so now I am all set! Now I just have to find the time to go! Ernie has been going every weekend, but I don't feel right leaving my kids behind every weekend, even if I am with them every day!
The kids and I are going to Grand Junction on Monday. I am looking forward to seeing everyone! IT is a challenge to travel by myself with both of them and we get the added pleasure of taking the new puppy with us! It should be interesting.....He went to the vet this week for his shots. He weighs a whopping 3.4 lbs. There was a large bulldog in the waiting room with us, and as typical little dogs do, Candel decided he was going to go after the bulldog...funny how even dogs have "little man" syndrome!
We also took the kids to the circus this week. Isaiah loved it! He loved all the animals and the attractions. I had a little bit of sticker shock from it. I can't believe what they charge for the cheap crap that they have to offer, so all we bought was some food. Isaiah wanted to go on an elephant ride, but sadly, we didn't have enough cash left over. It kind of made me sad to watch the animals anyway. Makes me wonder how well they are treated. I am no PETA, tree hugger, but I still have a heart and it made me sad to see these animals. But for all I know, maybe they are the best treated animals in the industry!(Highly doubtful) :( But on a happier note, Isaiah and Austin loved the popcorn and cotton candy. Isaiah ate most of the cotton candy himself and had a lovely blue mess all over his face. But I figure, you're only a kid once, so I like to let them experience it in all it's sticky glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment