Saturday, September 17, 2011

Long Time No See


So I realize it has been over a year since I last posted anything. Lots of things have happened and time seems to fly by faster and faster each week.

I started back to work in October 2010. XTO was gracious enough to hire me back. It was an adjustment for the kiddos at first, but they are doing well. I also got promoted in April to be a Lead. I was offered 2 other positions before this and I turned them down in the hopes that this one would come available. It was something I wanted when I worked there before and I was VERY excited to get the position after being gone for 2 years.
I walked in my first Cancer Walk-a-thon last year and I enjoyed it so much. I have decided to do it every year now and I will be participating in that next weekend.

Ernie got hired on full time with BP in January. He was a contract employee with them for almost 2 years, so it was very exciting for him to finally get hired on as an official employee. He really enjoys it and he is closer to home now. He is still an avid hunter and just finished up his archery elk hunt. He was unsuccessful this year, but like I told him, you win some, you lose some.

The boys are doing very well. They seem to catch every illness that is running around, so I tend to miss a lot of work staying home with them. But that's life!
We made the decision to hold Isaiah back from kindergarten this year. So he will start next August when he is 6. I also moved the kids to a new preschool/daycare in June. It is at my Dad and Mom's old church here. I really like it and the kids do too.
Isaiah's teachers tell us every day that they are so amazed at his intelligence. He is a VERY bright little boy and he is definitely one of the leaders in his class.
Austin is also very intelligent, he is just very mischieveous! Almost every day his teachers have something to tell me that he did. Whether it's peeing on the outside playground equipment or just not wanting to cooperate. He is a VERY independent child and he just has to do things on his time. He is such a little comedian though! He constantly has us laughing.
They are definitely ALL boy though! They love to have anything like their Daddy's. They are already excited for hunting and like to pretend our cats are "mountain lions" and "bobcats". They chase them around with their toy guns and bows and arrows. I'm surprised the cats handle it as well as they do!!
We are signing them up for swimming lessons in October so that should be exciting.

Well I will try to get better about posting again. It's just hard to find the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment