Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Summertime!!

Well, I know it has been a long while since I posted anything. I have been working on helping Grandpa with the Rennels Family cookbook for the 75th reunion. I finally finished it! So hopefully I will have more time to keep up.
Not much has been going on. Ernie is still working nights(we are actively looking for something during the day and something that is more permanent). I am still home with the kids all day. It is quite a challenge trying to keep them quiet so Ernie can sleep during the day. I am trying to find some kind of job to do part time or something I can do from home. Most people tell me I should do in home daycare........but seeing as now a day's I can barely handle my own two, I don't know how much I could handle other people's kids as well! Plus, there is no way I would do that to Ernie. Maybe if he finds a job during the day, then I will consider it.

The boys are growing like weeds. Austin is finally starting to talk more and more. He likes to call me Torey all of a sudden and I don't know how I feel about that!! It's usually when he's yelling at me. Like "NO Torey" or "Mine Torey"! So much fun! Some times I wish we would have had just one more, but then my screaming 2 year old brings me back to reality and I am thankful for the two we have!!

Isaiah starts preschool in August. I can't really believe how old he is. He is so intelligent it amazes me sometimes. We went to Cortney's brother-in-law's graduation and it made me think how fast that is going to sneak up on me for my own kids!

Shaley is going to be coming to visit the end of this week. I am very excited!! Not only will it be a little break for me, but I miss her so much! I can't believe that she is going to be 16!! She will be graduating and starting a life of her own before we know it. It makes me sad. But she is an awesome young lady and I think we can expect great things from her!!!

Well, hopefully I will be able to keep up on this a little better. I enjoy it!

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you updated!! I totally have the same problem with Rye, he was been on nights for a month and 1/2. It sucks. It messes up everyones day and schedule. i am glad the family is doing good. and you really are a great babysitter that would be great for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ernie has been on nights for almost 1 year now. It totally sucks!!! But hopefully something will open up somewhere soon. I might think about the babysitting....just not until Ernie works days! With Isaiah starting preschool it might not be bad! It was easy when they were younger, but it gets crazy now sometimes!!!!

    ReplyDelete